Friday, September 12, 2008

Morning visitors


I was still in my jammies when I was heading out to put the minis in their paddock when I saw these deer under our fruit trees. It was a mom and two of this year's fawns. They were eating the apples and plums off the ground, as well as helping themselves to fruit they could reach. That explains fruit on the tree with teeth marks in it! In the picture above they were looking at the chickens who were hollering to be let out and figured even the deer could open the door for them!


Before I took this picture, the deer went into the mini's paddock and drank out of their little trough. The donkeys were at the other gate looking at them, but for once they didn't hee haw!


Their tummies are full of nice fruit and a drink so they start heading off to check out the pastures and fruit trees of other people in our nice little neighborhood. I know for a fact that Pam and Roger have pears, they should head over there!


So off they go, with momma looking back at me and the babies already looking for new trouble to get into. They headed off to the north as momma headed to the south. I waited to see when the babies would notice that mom was not with them, but momma turned around and followed them instead. Come back any time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has been you bet, yet, Jaymers!