Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Off to Iowa!

I just wanted to put up a quick note to let you know I'll be gone for a week to visit my dear friend Ange and family in Iowa. Frank is dropping me off at the airport at 5am, so we'll be up and out quite early!

Frank will be holding down the fort here while I am gone. I am thankful that he is so good with all the animals. He'll have an even harder time of it as the forecast is for record heat so he'll have to be watching to make sure everyone is doing OK. I'll have it cooler and rainier in Iowa!

I hope to have some neat pictures when I get back. In the meantime, I sure hope I don't take a wrong turn down this road:



Oh, just a couple of little chicken updates: the baby chicks are just over two weeks old and growing like weeds. They are a little crazy too and cover every inch of that 12x12 stall, driving their momma hen nuts. Also, our new little hen Sylvia is doing well trying to integrate into her new flock here. She still hasn't figured out quite where to roost at night, but she is good about coming back to the coop after free-ranging every day. Good girl!

No comments: