Friday, June 12, 2009

One year ago today...


It was one year ago today that the sweetest dog ever left this earth but not our hearts. Carly was truly a special dog that I still think of every day, and probably will the rest of my life. I wanted a way to memorialize her and after much though and running it by Frank, on this one year anniversary I had this done:


I got a little paw print on my foot because we always called her a "foot dog" as she was always either laying on our feet, or right by them with one of her front paws resting on one of our feet. So now her foot is on me forever.


Here is a close up. It's hard to tell scale, but it would totally be obscured if you put a dime over it, so it's tiny. I wanted you to be able to see the little heart, too. The tattooist did a very good job and had his own memorial tattoo of his dog, so he understood why I wanted to do this. The actually tattooing I wouldn't call painful, just irritating. It's so small it went quite quickly too. So that's my memorial to the best Wiggly Girl that there ever was...and now she'll be with me until I leave this earth too.

4 comments:

Jake Mock said...

Hey, I hear you two are coming out this way fairly soon! Pack water...the heat index in the midwest today is 110!

Just little old me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michele said...

I've been admiring this tattoo of yours for awhile now. We will have lost our sweet golden retriever a year ago in July, and I'm wanting to do something similar for her.

Unknown said...

Hello all,
I too recently had to say goodbye to one of the best friends ever! My only son Dakota. Today is a week and two days. I never imagined it would be so hard. My God! Long before our loss, my daughters and I said we would get a tattoo of his paw print. Due to the unexpected timing of putting my baby down, I had asked the technicians to please take a paw print of Dakota, and they did and mailed it to me.
I LOVE the idea of incorporating a heart "cut out" in the center of it. Thank you so much for sharing.
~Tina