Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring?

I noticed that there is a theme to these pictures today: I took them all from inside the house! Now I am outside a LOT, obviously, but sometimes it's fun to stay in my jammies and do what I can without having to get dressed to go outside. Well, today would have needed even more dressing as it SNOWED...AGAIN!! It's been in the mid 50's every day, so who expected this!!??


The good news is that this is one of those good snows that looks so pretty, but you are happy because it's barely 32 degrees and you can be sure it will be gone by noon. My kind of snow!! The horses didn't mind, but Daisy the donkey tried to come back in the barn to her stall for her morning hay! Apparently she's had enough. Sandy had fun running through it, although she brought in a lot of snow balls on her legs to melt on our new carpet! Oh well, I have to remind myself...this is a FARM and it can't stay pristine forever!


Now while I stayed inside keeping warm and drinking coffee, Frank was not too thrilled to be shoveling snow once again. Hopefully this will be IT for the year.


I took this picture of our chickens a few days ago when the weather, obviously, was much nicer. I have no idea why they were so intrigued by what was going on inside the house! Like Frank said, "Uh oh! Now they know where we live!" Those darn donkeys do too, and if we're late for feeding they come and yell into the back door. Who is in charge here, anyway?


I realized that there was yet one pet who had not been featured on our blog: Pete the lovebird. Pete's parakeet friend, Niles, went to bird heaven last week after a nice long life, so we brought Pete out to live in our main living area so he wouldn't be lonely. He's a funny little guy who likes it when there is a lot of activity and noise, especially when we play music fairly loudly and he squawks and whistles along. We thought maybe he needed a new friend, but for now he seems perfectly happy with just us. He has no fear of the cats and tries to run up to them and bite them if they are close to his cage. Luckily, they don't seem to be interested in him at all. Pete loves apples and lettuce and spinach leaves in addition to his regular food. He also loves to take baths, flinging water in about a 4 foot radius from his cage. We love Pete and he brings a lot of enjoyment to our family.

Happy Spring! And to think, I was going to plant some lettuce and peas today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed by all of your pictures and letters!!! Your property looks so beautiful!! Sometime this summer, I hope to come visit you and Frank (if that is okay?). I wish you all the best! Much love from Corvallis!
Shannon